(For Forsyth and surrounding counties)
What's in your Credit Report? You may be surprised what information it contains and how it affects your credit score when you apply for a loan. It's a fact that credit reports often contain errors. Sometimes its simply missing data but it might also be incorrect data such as reporting a debt that isn't yours, showing a paid in full account with a remaining balance, or saying you have a history of delinquencies that never occurred. These errors can mean the difference between a low or high interest loan, or in getting a loan at all. Even if the information in your file is accurate, you may be able to improve your credit score by taking steps to address past credit problems. Maybe the reason for the problem credit is a recent layoff, or maybe it's a medical expense not covered by insurance. No matter what the cause, our Certified Credit Counselors can help you with an action plan to improve your credit rating and use that good credit effectively. Local Credit Bureaus may be a thing of the past, but families in Forsyth and surrounding counties still have a local source for their credit reports, Consumer's Choice Credit Reports.
Consumer's Choice Credit Report Services:
(In person only, no phone or Internet service please)
• Walk In Service. Our staff can supply a credit report to you in person between the hours of 8:30 and 4:30, Monday through Friday. Reports can only be pulled for consumers who are present and possess a valid driver’s license or other government issued picture ID.
• All Credit Bureaus Accessed. Choose which of the three bureaus you want a report from, or pick the consolidated report and have all three.
• Errors Addressed: Find out what steps to take to correct errors found in your report and what your rights and responsibilities are as a consumer.
• Credit Score Available: Prospective creditors use credit reports as the basis of scores which determine your credit eligibility and the terms you will be offered.
• Ratings Explained (By appointment only): Our staff can review the credit report and scores with you, and explain the meaning of the information it contains.
If your credit rating is not what it should be you've come to the right place. Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Forsyth County has nearly 40 years of experience advising families on credit issues. Our Certified Credit Counselors will help you establish and maintain a good credit rating. We will also show you how to use that credit effectively, including:
• Advice on what form of credit to use, and when to use it.
• How to shop for the best terms, including lower interest rates, affordable payments, and reduced fees.
• Maintaining safe levels of debt
For additional information or to order your credit report, please click here